02 Apr, 2020 | Blogs
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has forced organizations around the world to look for ways to mitigate disruptions while ensuring the safety of its employees. The two biggest issues threatening business continuity are connectivity and security, which can potentially restrict access to important information and business systems. So, how can companies optimize operations and the workflows and its associated frameworks to ensure business continuity amid such uncertain times?
With work from home becoming the de facto norm, companies are turning towards technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to keep business and service levels afloat. RPA can be the enabler of business continuity at a time when the world stares at a potential disruption in the available workforce. To maintain business continuity amid the pandemic, organizations are using automation to support remote employee and service delivery as well as create a collaborative work environment.
RPA can be deployed through a centralized platform to allow teams to develop integrated automation capabilities to control bots that can offer real-time status of what data has been processed. For users, it can provide valuable data analysis to enhance work efficiency. RPA also significantly reduces the burden on productivity business systems and communication infrastructures. By allowing the bots to handle repetitive, rule-based tasks, RPA ensures a significant reduction in error rates while maintaining the same levels of customer service. Furthermore, it maintains business-as-usual operational efficiency.
Four Ways RPA Can Help Remote Employees
Improving systems’ efficiency and the ease with which employees work are critical to any business’ success. It is not only important to enable smooth remote working but also leads to a more agile work environment irrespective of the circumstances. Apart from automating repetitive, rule-based tasks, RPA can help remote employees in the following ways:
- The robot can be used to send reminders to employees about pending tasks or tasks approaching deadlines. It can help prioritize and manage workload so that deadlines are easily met.
- Automation can be used to identify conflicts in employees’ calendars or send a rescheduling request to the organizer. Google moderator is a brilliant example of how bots are being used to handle meeting requests.
- RPA bots can take notes during the meeting and send the minutes to all the attendees after the meeting is over.
- Bot can also send an automated email to your team asking everyone to send their work updates.
Read how RPA is changing the way we work
RPA Use Cases
Some of the use cases of RPA include:
- Data reconciliation for accurate shipping and billing of commodities.
- Demand supply planning by streamlining the collection of data, information gathering, exception finding, etc.
- Email replies including sending contact information and re-sending bills.
- Customer services for faster resolution of issues.
- Process data from retailers and vendors in multiple formats for better product categorization.
- Payroll and invoice processing.
- Automation of tasks such as sales order entry, invoicing to perform end-to-end sales activities. etc.
RPA continues to help remote employees in different time zones to sync and foster a feeling of camaraderie. It offers seamless inter-connectivity, streamlines tasks and workflows as well as automates rote processes to reduce the presence and dependence on human in the office. Some of the other benefits of RPA include:
- Reduced turnaround times
- Lower operational costs
- Increased service quality
- Improved data accuracy
- Improved compliance
- Higher customer satisfaction
How Nuummite Consulting Ensures Business Continuity
There is no one size fits all when it comes to RPA, and no one knows it better than Nuummite Consulting. With every industry having different and specific needs, Nuummite Consulting offers customized service that is driven by unparalleled domain expertise using leading RPA platform from strategic partners.
We have experience serving companies in Retail, F&B, healthcare, government, IT, telecom, insurance, consumer electronics among others. We work with the leadership team to establish the intent of the implementation and build a strategic partnership to help select the right process and tool. We conduct a Proof of concept and evaluate results against the objectives before developing a bot using our unique methodology. To learn more about how Nuummite Consulting can ensure business continuity amid workforce and operational challenges, contact us today.